Covering the annual games January 2013 is pretty easy - media representatives must contact Robert Holmes in advance, and subject to the correct ID being shown on arrival at Lakeside will be issued with the relevant media pass..
Here is information that you will need in order to attend and cover the games.
Lakeside Country Club is located on the premises of Lakeside Complex, Wharf Road, Frimley Green, GU16 6PT, Surrey.
- M25 Junction 12 to M3 signposted Basingstoke/Southampton;
- M3 to Junction 4. Traffic Lights on island: Go straight ahead and then move over to lane furthest left signposted Frimley. Right at first island, then immediately left at next. Follow road round and keep going straight on until you see Jet Garage on your left hand side. Turn immediately left at mini-roundabout onto Wharf Road. Follow road until left hand bend: Lakeside Complex is on your right. Go through entrance and turn left for Lakeside International Hotel or straight ahead for car parks and Lakeside Country Club.
- You can get directions using AA's route planner.
- There are four train stations within 10 minutes drive from the hotel. Ash Vale receives services from London Waterloo, Ascot, Guildford, and Farnham. Trains from Guildford and Ascot also arrive at Frimley Station while Farnborough (Main) is the hub for trains from London Waterloo as well as from far south as Poole, Portsmouth Harbour, and Southampton. These three stations are served by Southwest Trains. North Camp is served by First Great Western's services from Gatwick Airport, Reading, and Redhill.
- A competitively-priced taxi shuttle may be booked through the hotel or online here for transfers to and from Gatwick, Heathrow, Farnborough, any train station or other location.
Other useful contacts:
British Darts Organisation - 020 8883 5544
Lakeside Country Club - 01252 836 464
Lakeside International Hotel - 01252 838 000
Olly Croft, MD, British Darts Organisation - 07712 488 776
- Press office with work area and television monitor;
- High speed Internet;
- Refreshment facilities (tea, coffee, water);
- Meal vouchers;
- Still photography press area in auditorium (see restrictions on still and video photography);
- There are no landlines.
- All media personnel should report to Lakeside Country Club reception and ask for Robert Holmes. They will be met and taken to the backstage Press Office for accreditation and the issue of press passes;
- Press Passes will be issued only to bona fide media personnel and must be clearly visible at all times. They allow the wearer privileged access to the Press Offices, backstage areas and playing arena and are non-tranferable. ENTRY TO THE PRESS OFFICE AND OTHER AREAS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED WITHOUT AN OFFICAL PRESS PASS.
- In the interests of security, and to ensure that only bona fide media have access to the facilities provided, the Press Office is restricted to Press Pass wearers only. Anyone not displaying an official pass will be challenged to produce press accreditation. If this cannot be provided, they may be asked to leave the premises immediately.
The press office is provided for the exclusive use of accredited media personnel only. Personal equipment left by media in the Press Office or any other part of the venue is done so at the risk of the respective owners of such equipment. the BDO and Lakeside Country Club will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred.
Photographers must not use flash equipment at any time in the playing arena when matches are in progress, and sparingly at all other times. If in doubt, check. Care should also be taken not to use equipment that is noisy in operation. Photographers will only be allowed to position themselves in areas which will be defined by Press Office personnel. These safeguards are to protect players and officials from any distraction during match play, and also to ensure that BBC cameras are not obstructed in any way.
VIDEO / TELEVISION
BBC TV SPORT is the host broadcaster and has exclusive rights to the World Professional Darts Championship. All visiting TV/film crews, must seek permission from BBC TV Sport to film inside the venue.
|DATE:||5-13 January 2013|
|VENUE:||Lakeside Country Club - ‘home of World Darts' - since 1986.|
|DURATION:||This is the 34rd consecutive World Professional Darts Championships staged and promoted by the British Darts Organisation and televised by BBC TV since 1978.
It is the 26th consecutive year that the games have been hosted at Lakeside Country Club (1986-2010);
It is also the 8th successive year (2004-2011) that Lakeside Country Club will be the main title sponsor of the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.
BBC-1 and BBC-2 - Live and recorded transmissions daily for nine consecutive days - afternoon/evening and late evening/early morning.
BBCi - Live transmissions daily of every dart thrown for digital viewers by pressing red-button on remote-control.
BBC Worldwide- World Pro sold around the globe to over 70 countries.
SBS-6 (Netherlands) - Present at Lakeside since 1998.
EUROSPORT ASIA - in association with BBC Worldwide, broadcasts the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships across Europe and Asia.This coverage provides the biggest TV audiences for darts anywhere in the world.
|News Releases:||News releases are also available on our website.|
|Back to top|